Workshops and Short Courses
Call for Proposals for Workshops and Short Courses
APMC 2022 will provide exciting workshops and short courses conducted by a group of specialists in a wide range of interesting and timely subjects. Proposals for workshops and short courses must be received by April 22, 2022. Please send your proposal to TPC Chair Masataka Ohira (email@example.com). Workshop/Short Course Proposal template should be used.
The Workshop proposal should provide the following information
- Proposed Workshop Title
- Half-day or full-day workshop
- Workshop Organizer(s) (Name, Affiliation, Email)
- Workshop Abstract (Provide a succinct description in ~ 300 words)
- Workshop Justification (Briefly describe the importance of this topic and its relevance to the microwave community)
- Participation Plan (Participation of attendees is an important aspect of workshops. Briefly describe your approach and plan to actively engage and involve attendees of the workshop)
- List of speakers (Name, Affiliation, Presentation Title, Email, and Brief biography)
- Proposer(s) (Name, Affiliation, Email, Phone, Brief biography)
The Short Course proposal should provide the following information
- Proposed Short Course Title
- Half-day or full-day short course
- Short Course Organizer(s) (Name, Affiliation, Email)
- Short Course Abstract
- Course Syllabus (Describe the course content below or attach a separate syllabus)
- Briefly describe why you believe that this short course should be given during APMC 2022, highlighting the significance of the topic and the interest to the microwave technical community.
- Are you aware of this or a similar topic previously being presented as a short course? If so, explain how this proposed short course will be different.
- Briefly describe the Short Course Learning Objectives and Outcomes.
- Briefly describe the Method of Presentation.
- Briefly describe the Material to be distributed to the Attendees.
- Detailed information of proposed Instructors
- Proposer(s) (Name, Affiliation, Email, Phone, and Brief biography)
- Workshop/Short Course fees waivers will be granted to no more than two organizers of a given workshop/short course. Workshop/Short Course fees will be waived for Workshop Speakers/Short Course instructors who submit notes by the specified deadline and in the correct format.
- Accepted Workshop/Short Course will be scheduled on the first day of the APMC 2022. Organizers are expected to inform their speakers accordingly.
- Accepted Workshop/Short Course will be held online only.
- Half-day Workshop/Short Course will be scheduled at 9:30-12:30. Full-day Workshop/Short Course will be scheduled at 9:30-16:30 (including one hour lunch time)
Click here for a proposal template
* APMC 2022 Workshop Proposal Form
* APMC 2022 Short Course Proposal Form
Proposals Submission Deadline: April 22, 2022
Notifications to Proposers: April 28, 2022
Workshops/Short courses: November 29, 2022