University Exhibition 11
Tohoku Univ., MIZUNO, SAWAYA Lab.
Contact of Lab.6-6-05, Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi 980-8579, JAPAN
TEL : +81(22)795-7096 FAX : +81(22)795-9292 E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
[ Research Institute of Electrical Communication & Dept. of Electrical and Communication Engineering, Mizuno, Sawaya Lab. ]
* Passive Millimeter-wave Imaging Sensors, 77GHz-Band Imager (Camera),
and PC Demonstration of Pictures Taken by the Camera
Passive millimeter-wave imaging is capable of finding humans through fire, dust, smoke, etc. and of
detecting weapons under clothes. Millimeter-wave imaging sensors, a 77GHz-band imager (camera)
and movies taken by the camera on a PC will be displayed.
University Exhibition 12
The Univ. of Tokyo, HIROSE Lab.
Contact of Lab.7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, JAPAN
TEL : +81(3)5841-7494 FAX : +81(3)5841-7494 E-mail : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
[ Graduate School of Engineering, Dept. of Electrical Engineering and Information Systems, Hirose Lab. ]
- * Adaptive System for Quick and High-Spatial-Resolution Landmine Visualization
We have developed a novel plastic landmine visualization system based on a complex-valued neural network.
Their system should capture reflection phase and amplitude with a wide frequency bandwidth, a high spatial resolution, and a quick scanning ability. We present a prototype system that satisfies the requirements.
University Exhibition 13
Saga Univ., Communication Engineering Lab.
Contact of Lab.1 Honjo, Saga, Saga 840-8502, JAPAN
TEL : +81(952)28-8658 FAX : +81(952)28-8651 E-mail : email@example.com
[ Science and Engineerin, Dept. of Electric and Electronic Engineering, Communication Engineering Lab. ]
* Microwave Push-Push Oscillators
* Reconfigurable Microstrip Antennas
- An advanced and extensive utilization approach of microwave resonant fields, and applications to push-push oscillators and reconfigurable microstrip antennas are investigated. Circuit components such as semiconductor devices are integrated with microwave circuits including microwave resonators and antennas etc., to build up purposeful electromagnetic fields, aiming practical application goals.
University Exhibition 14
Waseda Univ. YOSHIMASU Lab.
Contact of Lab.2-7 Hibikino, Wakamatsu-ku, Kitakyusyu, Fukuoka 808-0135, JAPAN
TEL : +81(93)692-5358 FAX : +81(93)692-5358 E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
[ Graduate School of Information, Production and Systems, Yoshimasu Lab. ]
- * Poster Presentation of Research Work
RF ICs designed using RF CMOS and SiGe BiCMOS technologies are presented as follows :
* Linear and high efficiency power amplifier IC for 5.8 GHz DSRC application
* 1.2-3.3 GHz LC voltage-controlled oscillator IC
* High suppression frequency doubler IC for quasi-millimeter-wave applications
University Exhibition 15
Kyushu Univ., YOSHIDA, KANAYA and POKHAREL Lab.
Contact of Lab.744 Motooka, Nishi-ku, Fukuoka, Fukuoka 819-0395, JAPAN
TEL : +81(92)802-3746 FAX : +81(92)802-3720 E-mail : email@example.com
[ Graduate School of Information Science and Electrical Engineering, Dept. of Electronics, Yoshida, Kanaya and Pokharel Lab. ]
* RF-CMOS Front-End
* Miniaturized Antenna
One-chip RF front-end, which is composed of LNA, down conversion mixer (DCM), voltage-controlled
oscillator (VCO) and (impedance and noise) matching circuits for WLAN applications are presented.
And miniaturized antennas with coplanar waveguide (CPW) matching circuit are presented.
University Exhibition 16
Tohoku Univ., SUEMATSU Lab. / Mobile Wireless Technology Group of IT-21 Center
Contact of Lab.2-1-1 Katahira, Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi 980-8577, JAPAN
TEL : +81(22)217-5532 FAX : +81(22)217-5533 E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
[ Research Institute of Electrical Communication, Suematsu Lab. /
Mobile Wireless Technology Group of IT-21 Center ]
All Si-CMOS Heterogeneous Wireless Terminal for Dependable Air
* Development of 60GHz Band Module with an Antenna Using 3-Dimentional System-in-
Package (3D SiP) Technology
* Fabrication of 60GHz Band Si-CMOS Transmitter / Receiver LSI
* Research of Wireless Communication Network Integrated Heterogeneous Wireless Systems
We will make a progress toward development of advanced practical technologies for new concept Dependable Air. The Dependable Air realizes heterogeneous and dependable networks with integrated all Si-CMOS terminal.
In this presentation, we will propose the element technologies of network, modulation / demodulation, circuit, and device for realizing the Dependable Air.
University Exhibition 17
Tohoku Univ., KATO & NAKASE Lab.
Contact of Lab.2-1-1 Katahira, Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi 980-8577, JAPAN
TEL : +81(22)217-6112 FAX : +81(22)217-5476 E-mail : email@example.com
[ Research Institute of Electrical Communications, Kato Lab. ]
* Demonstration of Basic Technologies for Millimeter-Wave Indoor Super Broadband
* They are Beam-Forming Antenna, High Efficiency Amplifiers and Digital Phase Shifters
Introduction of the cutting edge of millimeter-wave wireless communications systems.
Main research topics are beam-forming antenna, high efficiency amplifiers and digital phase shifters.
High definition video transmission will be demonstrated with the developed wireless technologies.
University Exhibition 18
Tokyo Institute of Technology, MATSUZAWA and OKADA Lab.
Contact of Lab.2-12-1-S3-27, Ookayama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-8552, JAPAN
TEL : +81(3)5734-3764 FAX : +81(3)5734-3764
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
[ Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Dept. of Physical Electronics, Matsuzawa and Okada Lab. ]
* ADC and DAC for Multi-Gbps Wireless Communication Using 60GHz
* mmW RF Front-End Circuits Using CMOS Process
* Wireless Bio-Sensing Circuits
- We will demonstrate ADC, DAC, VCO, PA, LNA, etc for aiming to realize multi-Gbps wireless communication utilizing 60GHz carrier frequency, which are implemented by 90nm and 65nm CMOS chips.
University Exhibition 19
The Graduate Univ. for Advanced Studies, KAWASAKI Lab.
Contact of Lab.3-1-1 Yoshinodai, Chuo-ku, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 252-5210, JAPAN
TEL : +81(42)759-8321 E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
[ School of Physical Sciences, Space and Astronautical Science, Kawasaki Lab. ]
* A Poster of Space Communication
* A Poster of Wireless Power Transmission
Circuits and devices for communications using microwave are studied in Kawasaki Laboratory.
The contents and the experiments are explained.
University Exhibition 20
Tokyo Univ. of Science, MURAGUCHI Lab.
Contact of Lab.1-14-6 Kudankita, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 162-8601, JAPAN
TEL : +81(3)5228-8713 FAX : +81(3)5213-0976 E-mail : email@example.com
[ Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Muraguchi Lab. ]
- * Wireless Visible Light Communication using OFDM Sub-Carriers
A wireless visible light communication system using OFDM will be proposed and demonstrated.
The high peak-to-average power ratio (PAPR) in OFDM is considered a serious disadvantage in the
visible light transmitter due to non-linearities of LEDs. So, a parallel transmission system using two
LEDs has been employed to reduce the PAPR of OFDM signal. To prove the validity of our proposal,
the visible light transmitter and receiver fabricated using FPGA devices will be demonstrated. Here,
the number of OFDM sub-carriers with 16QAM modulation is 64.